Attention fellow trail runners! I absolutely love to run through the trails that wind themselves through Griffith Park every weekend. Trail running is technically challenging, a great workout, and an opportunity to connect with nature in some small way, even in urban sprawl.
If you're a fellow runner, and think you might be up for run/walking a relatively challenging trail to the Hollywood Sign (8 miles), join me! I'm hoping to put together a Sunday Assembly team and would love to have you be a part of it!
The Hollywood Wilshire YMCA is the heart of Hollywood and has been serving the people of the Hollywood community and beyond for the past 100 years. The Y is a place where our community can come together to improve their lives and the lives of those around them.
Proceeds from the Run to the Hollywood Sign benefit Y programs that support youth development, healthy living and social responsibility:
- School Based YMCA: Physical education replacement for local elementary schools
- Summer Resident Camp: Camp Whittle in Big Bear offers inner-city kids a week in the mountains to make friends, explore nature and develop leadership skills
- Youth & Teen Sports Programs: Basketball leagues for kids aged 5 to 17
- Housing For Homeless: Homeless women and their children benefit from the Y's transitional housing program.
- Membership Assistance: Reduced-cost membership so no one is turned away from the opportunity to be healthy due to the inability to pay
JOIN OUR TEAM/ENTRY FEES:
Entry fees for this event are $55 per person. If you're looking for an opportunity to physically challenge yourself, while serving a wonderful organization that for many of us, was an integral part of our childhood, let's run, Sunday Assembly!
THE SUNDAY ASSEMBLY L.A. TEAM PAGE
After we conquer the trail to the Hollywood Sign, we get to celebrate our accomplishment, cheer on other participants, and receive an award medal for each division. Enjoy food, refreshments, music, entertainment, games and activities for the whole family and congratulate yourself and your fellow participants. Invite your friends, co-workers and family to this fun festival located by the Old Zoo in Griffith Park.
FREE ACTIVITIES: Arts & Crafts, Face Painting, Games, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Green Screen Photo Booth and much more!
For more information about this run, visit: CLICK HERE.
4730 Crystal Springs Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Google map and directions