Justin Baldoni, in partnership with The Wayfarer Foundation, has created the Skid Row Carnival of Love. This event is one of the best we have ever seen being offered to the overwhelming number of homeless people in Los Angeles. Serving the less fortunate by providing them with necessities, as well as going above and beyond to better the lives of those who could use a helping hand.
Along with the donation of clothing, toys, blankets, hygiene products, and toiletries, some of the services offered at the Carnival of Love are:
- Health (medical and mental services, dental, blood pressure tests, HIV testing, etc.)
- Legal advice
- Career Opportunities (resume building, interview prep, interviews by participating companies, and opportunities to enroll in programs like Good Will WorkSource)
- Spa area with feet washing, hair cutting, barbers, showers, and more
- DMV issuing identification cards
- Food and carnival snacks
- Kid area (bounce house, yoga, rock climbing, crafts, etc.)
- Creative area for all ages (painting and crafts)
- Dog grooming, referrals for free vet care, and donation center
- Carnival games
The event takes place on January 27th 2018 and tickets are free. You must be RSVP'd through Eventbrite to get into the event. When you arrive, you will be partnered with a homeless person and from there you personally help them from station to station.
If you wish to attend, follow the link and select your volunteer position. Most are sold out, but getting on the waitlist is how you know when new tickets are released. They are free, but registration is required to get into the event.
** They will be releasing volunteering spots on a weekly basis until the day of the carnival.
**When registering, PLEASE CHOOSE ONLY 1 VOLUNTEER POSITION (plus set-up or clean-up, if you are available). You must be a registered volunteer to attend this event.
**No cameras are allowed at this event unless assigned to you. Cell phones are permitted.
**You must be registered to volunteer to attend event.
**MAX CAPACITY is 1,000 Volunteers during this event.
Note: Volunteer check-in will begin at 9:30am on January 27th, please plan to arrive by 10am. We look forward to seeing you there!
5th and San Julian
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Google map and directions